Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How I'm Saving - Part 1

I first started off by using coupons and putting the savings into my Disney fund, it's accumulating slowly but surely. I've also recently started doing a few reward programs that are starting to pay. I'm planning on covering them slowly in the blog so I don't overwhelm anyone.

So far the rewards program that I like the best is Swagbucks. It's the first rewards program I tried and it's awesome. Basically all it is a search engine that randomly pays you to use it! How easy is that!

Once you sign up for swagbucks (there is a link on my blog) the first thing you should do is download the toolbar, this allows you to search from anywhere basically. Once that's done just do all your internet searching through Swagbucks. It's that easy. You'll randomly be awarded points (aka - swagbucks)that you can redeem for just about anything, including paypal cash out if you so desrie. You'll usually be awarded 10 Swagbucks minimum. You won't win everytime, but I average twice a day. You also get points randomly awarded just for having the toolbar! I can't say enough about this program, it's so easy and they really pay. I usualy redeem my Swagbucks for the Amazon.com gift card, since it's the best deal. It's only 450 Swagbucks for a $5 gift card. So far I've earned 3. While it is only $15, it's $15 I've gotten just for searching the internet for something I would have been looking for anyways. You don't have to spend the $$ right then either. Once you add the gift card to your Amazon account it does not expire, you can keep adding more until you have enough for what you plan to purchase! I'm saving mine for a book I want to get my daughter for her Kindergarten graduation. It's $30, I'm halfway there!

Look for more rewards sites coming up. I belong to quite a few and plan to feature them all!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I did not know about this. That is awesome.
    I also like that you are trying to help the rest of us "normal" consumer, just us average folks.

    ReplyDelete