Monday, April 19, 2010

Meijer Deals



Today was my grocery shopping day at Meijers. I think I did pretty good. I spent $40.60, but that included all the things I needed to start my little garden. And since this is my first attempt at starting a garden I needed to start from scratch. For my garden I got: 40 peet pots, containers to put the peet pots in, seeds, potting soil, and a trowel. I plan to grow tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers. I wish I could grow more, but I just don't have the space. I'm hoping it turns out well and I have lots of nice yummy organic veggies. I'd love to be able to make and can some salsa and pasta sauce.

Anyways, the deals I found today were:

Halls Cough Drops - sale price $.99 (minus $1.00 coupon) Final - FREE
Clorox Green Works - sale price $2.58 - bought 2 for a total of $5.16 (minus 2 $.50 coupons doubled...so $2.00 off) plus Meijer has a promotion that if you buy 2 Green Works products you get $2.00 instantly at register.... so Final - $1.16 or $.58 each! Plus each bottle came with 1 free sample of laundry detergent
Rimmel Bronzer - Reg price $6.99 - clearanced to $1.72 (minus $1.00 coupon) Final $.72!
Hidden Valley Dressing - sale 2 for $5.00 (minus $2.00 coupon) plus Meijer has a promotion buy 2 Hidden Valley get lettuce free. So $3.00 for 2 dressings and lettuce! (Would have been better if I'd had 2 coupons)
YoPlus Light Yogurt - Sale $2.00 (minus $.50 coupon doubled) Final $1.00 each (I got 2 - we eat a lot of yogurt)
Meijer Organic Milk $3.00 for 1/2 gallon. Yummy!
Sargento Reduced Sodium Shredded Cheese $2.00 (minus $.55 coupon) Final $1.45
Cantelope $1.50 each (we cut into this as soon as the groceries were put away)

This is just some of what I got. I'm really trying to convert to more organic products, so I was excited for the Clorox Green Works deal. I would love to use cleaners that are all natural. I'm interested to try the detergent sample to see how that works. Plus I was out of Organic Milk, so I was glad that was on sale too!

Did you find any deals at Meijers this week? Post them here!

No comments:

Post a Comment