Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Save Money While Shopping

Since I love shopping, but would be broke if I went as often as I liked, I've had to find some creative ways to support my habit. My favorite way is to sign up for all my favorite stores reward programs and coupons. I regularly get coupons in the mail for $15 off a $15 purchase, $10 off a $10 purchase, ect. To me it's like free shopping money. The best store for this is Kohls, I get $10 off $10 coupons from them pretty regularly. I've gotten so many things for free there. I go in and look through the clearance and I always find something great, especially in the kids department. I aim to get as close to $10 as I can (you have to have $10 before tax to use the coupon), and many times I've only paid tax for my purchases. I've gotten a blanket for my daughters bed (regularly $30, after sale and coupon....$4), 2 piece outfits for my daughter for free, dresses for me for free, $60 Vera Wang shoes for $1 after clearance and coupon.... really my list is endless.

Many stores participate in programs like this. Some I am sure participate are:
JCPenny
DSW (I received a $10 cert in the mail just for signing up in store)
Kohls
Joanns, Michales, Hobby Lobby (sends 40% off coupons via email and regular mail)
Children's Place (receive frequent % off coupons via regular mail)
New York and Company/Lane Bryant (I think these stores are owned by the same company....and they both send out coupons)
Toys R Us/Babies R Us (I usually get $$ off coupons from here)

I love shopping this way. This weekend I went out using my gift certificate like coupons and I bought:
2 pairs of Steve Madden socks
1 pair of undies
1 dress shirt (regular price $50)

I spent....... $3.00!!!!!

If you know of anyother stores with programs like this please share. I'll add it to the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment