Monday, April 19, 2010

My Money Saving (I hope) Organic Garden

As I've posted before I'm really trying to switch to more natural, organic eating and living. But organic food can be EXPENSIVE! To help with the cost I've decided to start trying to grow some of my own food! I'm actually really excited to try this. Today we started our seeds. We're starting small. My girls and I planted tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers. Since we have no actual place to plant these, they will be grown in planters (which I have to find... so any good deals post here please).

I really hope this works out. I would love to have organic veggies and be able to turn these into organic pasta sauces and salsa. Yum! Maybe I could even try pickles if I get brave!

Any tips? I'm a newbie to all this and I'm not so sure I have a green thumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment